"What we learned from K.K.:
- Listen. Observe. Enjoy.
- Old German textbooks are definitely worth 50 cents."
Monday July 21, 2008: Phil from North Carolina
"Things I have learned and received today:
- Minestrone can be made extra yummy with green tea.
- Altitude makes yummy bear that smells more than tastes, like banana.
- A sister with a bike and a nearby residence is a lovely thing.
- [Southeast Asia] is a perfect place to begin a journey with one's perfectly chosen mate for life.
Monday July 21, 2008: Mike and Melissa
"What we learned from Phil:
- Serve people everywhere you go.
- Travel by car and bike.
- Buy corn, cabbage and onions in Nebraska as a "thank you" gift for couchsurfing hosts.
- Start an online business so you can work and travel w/ less hassle.
Sunday July 27 - Wednesday July 30, 2008: Sarah from France
"I felt here like at home and that is the best feeling you can have when you're travelling...I have really appreciated your conversations, the way you show me how beautiful the mountains in Wyoming can be, and the fact that you make me meet some of your friends."
Sunday July 27 - Wednesday July 30, 2008: Mike and Melissa
"What we learned from Sarah:
- Enjoy your food. Experience the meal. Slow down. Stop counting calories.
- The purpose of couchsurfing is to adapt to your host, live life the way your hosts live life.
- Le Mans, France is home to an impressive car race.
- America does not have the proper flour for crepes.
- Greyhound is always late.
Sarah, Melissa and Mike at the Trailhead for Medicine Bow.