The Schulze/Hartwell Wedding provided the perfect occasion for Mike and Melissa to experience the other side of couchsurfing - being hosted. They could not have asked for better hosts or a better location. On the outskirts of Jackson Hole, WY the Harrington's found themselves in a quaint, simple log cabin alongside Jeff. Although wedding activities had the Harrington's occupied for the majority of their two day stay they brought home a handful of lessons.
Friday August 1 - Saturday August 2, 2008: Mike and Melissa
"What we learned:
- Piece of mind has no price
- Travel/Backpack Europe - it's a great way to make new friends and experience hospitality.
- Brett Favre is to GreenBay Packers what the Grand Tetons are to Jackson Hole."
Sunday August 3, 2008: Cristin from New York en route to Burning Man Festival
"I feel much better after a nights rest and the tea! You both have a warm and good vibe and maybe another time we will meet again and spend more time together."
Sunday August 3, 2008: Mike and Melissa
"What we learned:
- Burning Man is for Artists, something maybe like the Rainbow Gathering
- Melissa does not have a strong Taurus personality
- Tea should be experienced; steep once - notice flavor, color, etc. steep again - notice flavor, color, etc. steep again - notice flavor, color, etc..."
Late August 2008: David and Katie
"We are proud to be the 1st people you actually knew who crashed on your couch (well actually floor). Thanks so much for letting us stay with ya. It was good to see ya before we leave for China. Good luck with everything and God Bless!"
Late August 2008: Mike and Melissa
"What we experienced/learned:
- Healthy game of Settlers of Catan (for Mike)
- Cheap pizza makes newlyweds joyful!
- When preparing to live overseas for a time it appears necessary to visit family and friends before departure, therefore, do not fool yourself into thinking that your travels begin the day of your flight, they begin many days before that!"