Sports Day is quite the phenomena. Filled with songs, dancing, saluting, synchronized stretching and a wide variety of relays the day is a day that students can kick-back a little and enjoy life as a child, as opposed to a student. Highlights of Sports Day at Bongam Elementary school include:
- Kindergarten students paired with their parents rolling a giant ball down the field.
- Melissa Teacher being paired up with the one foreigner (Chinese) student as his 'step-in' parent for two relay races:
- Race #1: Pair up with another family, each individual grab a corner of a sheet, carry a large ball to a mid-way point, set down ball and sheet, scurry through small tunnel like thing, run back to ball and sheet, run back to start point.
- Race #2: Child sacrifice one shoe. All shoes scattered in the middle of the field, adult carry child to center of field and find child's shoe - both run back to starting point.
- (Please Note: Student is approximately the same size as Melissa Teacher)
- Mother's competing for Fabric Softener by keeping the hula-hoop in motion.
- Father's competing for Toothpaste in a game of singles hacky-'golden-pom-pom'-sack.
- All students gathering in the field, hula-hoops in hand to conduct a song and dance routine.
- Kindergarten students and their teachers busting out a K-Pop Routine with white gloves and matching yellow shirts and white socks pulled up to the knees.