Wednesday, November 17, 2010

What's Cookin' in South Korea


Every other Friday evening the Harrington's have boarded the subway and made their way toward old down town where they learned a few cooking skills specific to South Korea. One thing that South Korea doesn't lack, is services for the expats such as Mike and Melissa Harrington. In Daejeon one prime source of expat services is the Daejeon International Community Center (DICC). (Check out the site for a couple candid shots of Mike and Melissa making up some of these Korean dishes). It was through this Daejeon organization that the Harrington's were able to learn a few Korean dishes by participating in the DICC's Korean Cooking Class. The Harrington's missed the first class but made it to four and have given the Harrington Times special access to recipes and stories behind the recipes via Melissa Harrington's food blog: Extended Shelf Life.

Following are links to the dishes made by the Harrington's in order of least favorite to most favorite. Let The Harrington Times know which dishes you hope to try out in honor of our dear Mike and Melissa Harrington.



2. Korean Pork Ribs and Rolled Egg Omelet

1. Goong Jung Dak Pooki and Kimchi Mandu

1 comment:

In the life of Nikki and Gary said...

I don't know how you do it. Honestly- I'm so lame and 'safe' when it comes to eating that I would starve to death living in another country not knowing what I was eating or dealing with new stuff. I hate fish so I think I'd be in big trouble. You do inspire me to be a little more adventurous and try something new. I'm so glad you are able to update! I still am amazed you LIVE in Korea. Crazy awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...